All the pizza that’s fit to nom. All-vegan, too! (Like duh.)
- Sunday: White pizza with spinach & bacon from Living Free
- Monday: Moroccan-Inspired Spicy Pizza from Mouthwatering Vegan Recipes
- Tuesday: Homemade Flatbreads with Vegan Mascarpone, San Marzano Port Wine Pizza Sauce, Chanterelles and Edible Flowers from Veganize It…Don’t Criticize It!
- Wednesday: Caramelized Onion and Olive Pizza Topping from VegNews
- Thursday: Alicia Silverstone’s Vegan Radicchio Pizza with Truffle Oil, excerpted from The Kind Diet and posted at The Daily Green
- Friday: Pizza Wars!: Everything vs. Sweet and Spicy from The Happy Go Lucky Vegan
- Saturday: Making Teese Pizza With A Friend from I Eat Trees
Contests and Giveaways! Vegan Vagrant is giving away a package each of Fakin’ Bacon and Smart Bacon (both by Lightlife, for which I am a total fangirl) to one lucky winner; the deadline to enter is 2/28. Also ending on 2/28 is Vegan Machine’s Funk Off! Vegan Bath and Body Products Giveaway. Finally, TriniGourmet has a copy of Taymer Mason’s Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion up for grabs; enter to win by 3/2.
This just in: Daiya Pepperjack Cheese!
Support a prochoice vegan in The National Abortion Access Bowl-a-Thon! (Fuck yeah, prochoice vegans! Ditto: vegan mozzarella sticks!) Just $179 to go and Emelda will have raised enough scratch to fund one abortion for a woman in need.
If you still have a little extra monies floating around after that, why not make a donation to Planned Parenthood in honor of Mike Pence, Congressional Rep. and woman-hater extraordinaire? With any luck, our collective snarkery will make his head implode while also supporting a good cause, namely reproductive health care (including but not limited to breast cancer screenings; pelvic exams; STI testing; and UTI and yeast/bacterial infection diagnoses and treatments). Please and thank you.
Want to help the nonhuman victims of the recent flash floods and landslides in Brazil but don’t know where to start? Check out this roundup of resources I compiled over at my other pad: 2011 Brazil Mudslides: Animal Rescue & Vegan Relief Resources.
Have you ever seen the web series Epic Meal Time? (Hint: it’s almost like a parody of the Food Network’s most obnoxious, testosterone-driven, artery-clogging, meat-loving hipster d-bag cooking show, whatever that may be. (Don’t ask me, I don’t watch such ridiculousness!) Almost, but not quite. Apparently people actually recreate some of those recipes, WTF!) No? Well that’s okay, cause Vegan Meal Time is hilarious either way. Basically it’s like a spoof/response to EMT, with plenty of self-referential vegan jokes thrown in for good measure.
“THIS IS WHAT VEGANISM CAN DO FOR YOUR BODY!!!!”