#vegan #noms on the twitters this week:
- Sunday: Pizza Pizza Pizza! from Food Stamp Vegan (because vegan food doesn’t have to cost big bucks!)
- Monday: Daiya Arugula Pesto Pizza, via the Daiya Cheese Recipe Finder
- Tuesday: “Sweet and Savory Pizza, Oh My!” reads Diary of a Frenzied Vegan
- Wednesday: Even Easier Pizza with Indian Curry from Generation Vegan
- Thursday: Sunflower seed spread (with four variations!) @ Seitan is My Motor
- Friday: A Gourmet Pizza @ Ethical Pizza
- Saturday: Veggie and “Cream Cheese” Focaccia Pizza from Delectably Free
Also, have voted in Pizza Express’s Create Your Pizza Challenge yet? No? Well, what are you waiting for? Give the Pizza Levantina some electoral love, pretty please with Daiya on top?: www.pizzaexpress.com/create-your-pizza/vote/
And let’s close things out with a super-adorable song from Sesame Street: “I Love My Hair,” which encourages young girls of color to love their hair, as is, without the use of chemicals, dyes, straight irons, and other miscellaneous “beauty” aids (read: torture devices). You can read an interview with songwriter Joey Mazzarino, who wrote the song for his young daughter, at the Huffington Post.
For those who cannot view the video, here are the lyrics (via Clutch Magazine):
Don’t need a trip to the beauty shop,
’cause I love what I got on top.
It’s curly and it’s brown and it’s right up there!
You know what I love? That’s right, my hair!
I really love my hair.
I love my hair. I love my hair.
There’s nothing else that can compare with my hair.
I love my hair, so I must declare:
I really, really, really love my hair.
Wear a clippy or in a bow
Or let it sit in an afro
My hair looks good in a cornrow
It does so many things you know, that’s why I let it grow
I love my hair, I love my hair
I love it and I have to share
I love my hair, I love my hair!
I want to make the world aware I love my hair.
I wear it up. I wear down. I wear it twisted all around.
I wear braids and pigtails too.
I love all the things my hair can do.
In barrettes or flying free, ever perfect tresses you’ll see
My hair is part of me, an awesome part of me
I really love my hair!