Open up and say NOM! It’s your weekly vegan pizza nom roundup!
- Sunday: Nutritional Yeast Cheese Sauce from Whole Food for the Whole Family – Perfect for pizza dipping!
- Monday: Winter Pizza (with Pumpkin Pieces and Vegan Cheddar Dollops) from vegalicious
- Tuesday: Easy Vegan Stuffed Portabella Pizza in a Cashew Basil Cheese Sauce from 50Plus – But I wonder, are these pizzas not “real”? Hmph.
- Wednesday: Aubergine, Mushroom and Tomato Pizza from This Dish Is Veg
- Thursday: Roasted Tomato, Onion, and Basil Pesto Pizza with Vegan Parmesan Cheese from Oh She Glows
- Friday: Vegan Masala Crust Pizza with Marinaded Toppings from Rants and Raves of a New Age Chick
- Saturday: Italian Vegan “pizza di patate” (Potato Pizza) in Roma from Rika Huang Photography – I have got to find the recipe for this!
Contests! There are some fun giveaways going on this month, folks.
Cook. Vegan. Lover. is hosting a Fiery Vegan Valentine Cooking Contest. From now until February 11, create and share a “fiery” Valentine’s Day-themed dish – appetizer, entree or dessert – taking plenty of photos, of course. Blog the recipe or send the details to CVL for a chance to win one of four different vegan goodie bags. I see: a heart-shaped pizza topped with jalapeno peppers in my near future! Or rather, Shane’s. Kelly can’t stomach fiery food, sorry.
Hop on over to So Delicious’s Twitter or Facebook page and share a photo of yourself enjoying your favorite So Delicious product. You could win five coupons, each good for a free So Delicious product – so what are you waiting for fool? Peedee and Kaylee are down with soy ice cream, yo:
AND they are adorable. Stiff competition, people! I kid. The winning photos are randomly chosen (I think), so my dog friends’ god-like awesomeness is tempered by chance. Even GOD (by which I mean DOG of course) must bend to the will of mathematics.
Calling all creative, multimedia types! Gardein wants you! Make a 60-second video featuring gardein products, and you could win a a FLIP (8GB Mino HD) and $50 in gardein product coupons. Additional prizes will be gifted to a second-place winner and two runners-up. The deadline to enter is February 2nd, so get creating!
Not really food-related, but Kitty Utopia is giving away a Sprout Cat Tree House. Just send ‘em your cute, fuzzy and/or funny cat photos, and you and Mr. Kitteh could win! The deadline is March 31st, so you’ve got plenty of time for the inevitable photo shoots of frustration. Seeing as OMG I HAS FOUND A KITTEH ON MAI DOORSTEP! earlier this week (for serious!), we could really use a ginormous cat tree-house-gym-palace thingamabobbie. I’d like to keep my furniture intact, thanks.
Last but not least, PETA is offering up a copy of Fresh and Fast Vegan to one lucky reader.
Elsewhere on the interwebz:
Check out Spay & Neuter Kansas City’s volunteer opportunities and weekly recap here and here. And like its Facebook page, mkay? It has OODLES and OODLES of cute puppy and kitteh pictures, so there’s no reason not to!
viva la vegan! is looking for volunteer vegan mentors. Maybe that’s you? Or perhaps you’re the newbie in need of guidance? Either way, deets and signup sheet here.
OMG TOFURKY IS SELLING RETRO LUNCHBOXES TO RAISE MONEY FOR ANIMAL RESCUE ORGS! WANT WANT WANT! Not that, um, I have to carry my lunch more than 20 feet from the kitchen to the office. But still. RETRO VEGAN LUNCHBOXES!
Pssst! Vegan Pizza Day! Next Saturday! See you there?
SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!