Oh yay, Vegan Pizza Day is finally here! For dinner, I shall be swimming in a pool of liquid Daiya and pizza sauce; until then, all I have are my fantasies – inspired, in no small part, by this week’s nom roundup. Ditto: my Flickr favorites, which is stuffed so full of vegan pizza photos that I’m starting to look like I have a sexual fetish or something. (Cue: images of me poking a hot, saucy pizza à la America Pie, whilst moaning in simultaneous fits of pain and pleasure.)
Um, yeah, I’ll stop talking now. You’re welcome.
- Sunday: The Betty Crocker Project: Meat Lover’s Pizza from Meet The Shannons
- Monday: Hummus Pizza with Roasted Peppers from Manifest Vegan
- Tuesday: Roasted Vegetable Vegan Pizza from Fanatic Flavors
- Wednesday: Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Puffs from Vegan Bite
- Thursday: Bar-B-Que Seitan Pizza from Veganthropology
- Friday: Portobello Mushroom Pizzas with Spinach & Black Olive Filling from Get Sconed!
- Saturday: The Betty Crocker Project: Ranchero Pizza from Meet The Shannons (Twice in one week? What can I say, they’ve got the bestest vegan pizza recipes!)
Whether on Facebook, Twitter or in the “real world,” you can join in the day’s vegan pizza festivities in a number of ways:
– Go to VeganPizzaDay.com for a list of events, participating eateries, news coverage and the like;
– Follow @VeganPizzaDay on twitter to stay up-to-date on the day’s vegan pizza offerings around the U.S.;
– Share your vegan pizza not-porn on Facebook and tag Vegan Pizza Day so all can see;
– And while you’re at it, “like” Vegan Pizza Day on FB!
I’ll also be tweeting coverage of Vegan Pizza Day @ThePPP and will share my own photos after dinner – assuming, of course, I’m able to pull myself out of the inevitable carb coma long enough do so. Wish me luck, peeps!
Now on to this week’s contests and giveaways! PETA has one gorgeous, cozy, wool-free Vaute Couture coat up for grabs; Lightlife is giving away prize packages to three lucky readers at Leslie Loves Veggies; Vegetarian Star has two coupons good for free Gardein products; C’est La Vegan is giving away a jar of Vegan Queso (yum!); and you can win a Crazy Sexy Diet gift package, courtesy of VegNews. Methinks I’ll regret telling you about the Vaute Couture giveaway. I WANT THAT COAT!
Elsewhere on the internets:
We found a kitty on our doorstep last week! No, for reals!
In celebration of The Gentle Barn’s first year on Facebook, a generous supporter will donate $1 for every fan who “likes” The Gentle Barn – but only if they reach 100,000 fans by March 1st! If you’re on Facebook, please “like” The Gentle Barn and spread the word!
The anti-tethering group Dogs Deserve Better (DDB) needs volunteers to help make its 9th annual Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week a success. The campaign, which takes place the week of Valentine’s Day, involves sending hand-crafted Valentine’s cards, brochures and coupons for dog supplies to the owners of chained dogs, in order to raise awareness for chained and penned dogs – with the ultimate goal of bringing them indoors. You can help by making cards, donating coupons, and submitting the addresses of chained dogs.
Help In Defense of Animals (IDA) help the nonhuman victims of the recent floods in Australia and Brazil. Donate to its disaster relief fund and share these heartbreaking images with your friends, family and social networks.
As always (okay, three weeks and counting!), check out Spay & Neuter Kansas City’s volunteer opportunities and weekly recap. (Which doesn’t seem to be available yet, but I’ll update this post with a link when it is!)
Finally, for Vegan Pizza Day (not really!) the lovely Tracye McQuirter of By Any Greens Necessary shows how to make a delicious vegan pizza, topped with tons of veggies and nutritional yeast:
I’m not a “nooch” girl myself – you either love nutritional yeast or you don’t – but I am totally in love with her kitchen! So modern and matchy! Me, I have yellow ’70s laminate countertops. I could never shoot a cooking video in my own kitchen, even if I wanted to. Yuck!